Wednesday, October 3, 2012

12

My oldest little chicken,
my little bubby,
my #1
is twelve today!
We celebrated with birthday pancakes this morning.
We decorated his door, &
Nana & Papa put out a cute sign.
It's been kind of a drawn out birthday:
Party with friends at the Rockies game in September,
a boys trip to buy his first gun a few weeks ago,
family celebration last Sunday,
and we will take him out to dinner tomorrow,
because tonight he has his first mutual activity!
It's even a Stake YM/YW BBQ!
He will be ordained the Sunday after conference.
I'm a little weepy just thinking about it!
 He requested these yummy brownies for his class treat today.
Of course they are one of my most labor intensive desserts!
Not to mention I dirty a million utensils when I make them,
oh well, totally worth it for my birthday boy!
I have to give credit to my buddy Jen for this recipe.
In fact that's what we call them: Jen's Brownies.
(cream cheese, marshmallow, double chocolate brownie is too long)
These are the ingredients (but I will break it down by layer also):
8 oz. cream cheese
1 1/2 C. sugar
1 1/8 C. flour
1 C. softened butter
3 eggs
2 1/2 t. vanilla
2 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
(you can sub 3 T. cocoa powder + 1 T. shortening for each of the squares)
1 t. baking powder
1 C. mini chocolate chips
1 C. jumbo chocolate chips
2 C. mini marshmallows
1/4 C. milk
3 C. powdered sugar
Blend ingredients for cream cheese layer, and set aside.
For the brownie layer, in a large sauce pan melt chocolate & butter,
remove from the heat,
and add flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs & vanilla.
Add the jumbo chocolate chips
(or regular if you can't find jumbo).
Spread in a greased 9x13 pan,
spread the cream cheese layer on top of that.
Sprinkle in the mini chocolate chips.
Bake at 350 degrees for 28 minutes.
When it's done, top with the mini marshmallows
and bake an additional few minutes.
Marshmallows should puff, but not brown.
While the brownie is cooking I start on the frosting
 so I can drizzle it on as soon as I take it out of the oven.
In a sauce pan melt the butter, cream cheese & chocolate.
Add the milk, mix & remove from heat.
Add powdered sugar and vanilla.
Brownie Layer:
1 square bakers chocolate
1/2 C. butter
1 C. Sugar
1 C. Flour
1 t. baking powder
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
Cream Cheese layer:
(I get this mixing while I work on the brownie layer)
6 oz. cream cheese
1/2 C. sugar
2 T. flour
1/4 C. butter
1 egg
1/2 t. vanilla
 
Frosting:
1/4 C. butter
1 square bakers chocolate
2 oz. cream cheese
1/4 C. milk
3 C. powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla
I hope I didn't complicate this recipe too much
with my wordy ramblings!

Enjoy!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment