Saturday, June 23, 2012

feeling a little lost

Wednesday morning M & I headed up to retrieve our boys.
We met up with them at a water park.
It has literally been years since we have been here.
They had a BALL!
Within minutes of getting there M was off with her cousin,
and the boys were doing their own thing.
I milled around checking in on them,
and felt a tiny hole inside of me.
I remember being here trying to watch a toddler, and keep him from
drowning, while attempting to discreetly breastfeed an infant.
At that time I saw the mother's of older children sunning themselves,
& enjoying a nice visit with friends.
I remember thinking "that will be the day!"
Well here I am at that day, and I am suppose to enjoy it
right??
The boys took me on a few slides, B even wanted to ride with
me on 'The Boomarange' which did my heart some good.
Then M decided she wanted to try some big slides,
and her only request was that she had to ride with her mama.
So the moment of feeling lost was quickly filled with
lots of screaming, splashing & laughter.
Trenton & are entering this whole new phase of parenting.
It's easier (in some ways) then being up every 3 hours at night to feed a baby,
but harder (in some ways) then potty training.
It's not better or worse, but definitely different.
The one thing that is the same is how much fun we have with our kids,
the fact that our love for them grows more everyday &
we are excited to watch them grow into the awesome little humans that they are!
**P.S. That is my 11 & 9 year old going down the huge free fall slide!!
YIKES!!  
(I almost passed out watching them do that!)
The next morning we had dentist appointments,
and then lunch at The Pizza Factory
before we headed back home.
(and back to reality, and lots of laundry!)
 

1 comment:

  1. I love your collage pictures, they are adorable! What a fun summer you guys are having, love your cute blog :)

    ReplyDelete