My hubby thinks I'm crazy for all the time I spend on Pinterest,
(I kindly remind him I think the same about him & Sports Center)
but I have gotten some awesome ideas from it!
I bought one of these magnets at Pebbles in my Pocket
basically just to use as a pattern because they are so cute.
I have made a ton for a little flower shop here in town.
They are easy to make:
3 strips of 12 inch x 1 inch paper
3 strips of 12 inch x 3/4 inch paper
3 strips of 12 inch x 1/2 inch paper
(3 different patterns)
Glue the ends of each strip together so you end up with 9 individual circles.
Take 3 of the same size/pattern, arrange them in a flower shape
and staple in the middle.
Repeat with the other 2 sizes/patterns.
Hot glue the 3 stacks of flowers, glue a magnet to the back and add
whatever you want to embellish the top.
I made these sewing kits a while ago & they made such good gifts.
Nice little things to have around in a pinch.
I made some more for the same shop
& here they are.
Fun banner for Valentine's Day.
I cut the hearts out with my Cricut,
& used white cupcake liners and a piece
of coordinating paper cut out with a paper punch
to embellish the top.
Saw this on Pinterest and thought it would come in handy.
I actually used an old wooden plaque that I
don't have in use for the base.
Simply Modge Podge paper, & the words on
(cut out vinyl lettering from my Cricut)
and then Gorilla glued the clothes pins on.
Just made these for B's desk.
Used old pickle jars, Gorilla glued the plastic lizards on,
and spray painted the whole lid blue.
I also think they would be cool to just spray the
lid & then glue the animal on, leaving it the natural color.
This was the one "fail" we did.
'Jellyfish' in a water bottle.
We tried several sizes and methods & none of them were
too impressive. If it says anything they have been sitting on the kitchen
counter untouched since we made them 2 days ago.
Maybe my kids are too big & expected something more realistic.
This isn't from Pinterest, but it's so Yum!
My sister-in-law gave me the recipe long ago & it's a staple in our house.
Granola
6 C.Oats
2 C. Shredded Coconut
2/3 C. Sunflower Seeds
2/3 C. Sesame Seeds
Mix on a cookie sheet & bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile Mix
1 Stick Melted Butter
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
1/2 C. Honey
1/2 t. Salt
2 t. Vanilla
Pour over oat mixture & add 1 C. Raisins & 1 C. Almonds
Bake at 350 degrees an additional 10 minutes.
I like to store them in quart size mason jars.
1 recipe fills 4 quart size jars.
Happy Crafting









No comments:
Post a Comment