Friday, September 21, 2012

disneyland part five

Disneyland Attractions:
I think the best way to do this is just give a run down
 of what we did & anything extra about the ride.
As a note we try to do one entire land at a time rather
 then jumping from area to area.
This sometimes is hard when you have kids
wanting to go in 3 different directions.
I think my best advise is be flexible, go with the flow,
and know that everything won't go as you planned.
Have fun, smile & enjoy the memories!
Also if you have a combo of older and younger children
be prepared to divide and conquer.
We did this a few times, actually first thing in the morning.
M & I waited for Peter Pan and the boys headed to The Matterhorn.
Our boys loved The Matterhorn,
 it's old and jerky and Trenton said it beat him up.
We moved on to Pinocchio's Daring Journey & Snow White's Scary Adventure.
I had heard that they are a little scary for small kids, but M loved them.
Be sure on your way into the ride to touch the magic golden apple.
It will make a witches cackle or say something.
In one part the queen is facing a mirror & then turns to face your car
and its the old lady she turns herself into.
We just laugh and talk about how silly it is to the kids.
In Pinocchio's Journey at one part a whale comes up like he is going to eat you,
that's the only thing I can think of that would be scary.
We rode the Carousel and I sent Trenton & the kids to ride
 the Mad Tea Cups and Mr Toad's Wild Ride
while I waited in line for Rapunzel. 
She comes out at 11:00.  I waited in the shade of the carousel at about 10:00.
She is in a little house to the right of the Pinocchio ride.
At about 10:00 there were cast members
waiting to give directions on where to line up.
  I got in line at about 10:30 when some other moms started lining up. 
We were about 4th in line.  Trenton & the kids waited on a bench
 in the shade enjoying snacks while we waited. The line wasn't very full and they
put a sign up that said 60 minute wait. (for those just getting in line)
I was glad we got in line early.
Rapunzel was darling, she sat and talked to M,
signed her book & gave her a hug.
We moved on to Merida from Brave.
She was so awesome!
The kids all loved her! She has her 3 'brothers'
(robotic bears) in the props behind her.
She talked to the kids & played a game with them & the bears.
They hid their faces and on the count of three screamed "BOO" & scared the bears.
It was really cute! And all the while she had her darling Scottish accent.
After they met her they all got to shoot a bow and arrow,
I think even the boys were impressed!
We moved on from there to The Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
The Height is 40 inches-which seems to be the magic number.
There are a few rides that are 42 inches, Indiana Jones is 46 inches-
but it was closed & California Screamin is 48 inches.
This is the first roller coaster that M has ever been on
 & I was a little worried about how she would like it. 
Like it wasn't the right word-she loved it!
Crazy kid is just like her brothers! The faster & steeper the better!
It is a fun roller coaster.
If you have timid kids sit in the front
it's a slower ride up there.
We moved on to Splash Mountain.
I would dare to say that this ride is in all of our top 5 favorites.
Lines were short so we got in quickly.
After riding this a couple of times we figured out where the camera is
and got a little silly!
We just took pictures of the screens they post your pictures on with our phones.
Everyone on our first ride
T got a little wet.
We headed over to New Orleans Square for lunch at the Blue Bayou.
I already talked a little bit about it,
but let me say again how great it was!
Yummy food, cool restaurant!
We headed right to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride after lunch,
so the kids could see where we were eating.
The ride is fun, there are a few drops in the water, but nothing scary.
Look out for Jack Sparrow, you will see him hiding 3 times.
(at least that's how many we could find him)
The kids climbed up Tarzan's Tree House next.
This is not a ride, you just climb up, walk through
& then go down. It's something fun for the kids to run off some energy,
and it's nice because you don't have to wait in line.
We went to the Jungle Cruise next.
I love this ride, it's cheesy in all it's goodness.
It reminds me of when I came to Disneyland as a kid.
Just like everything else our kids loved it.
I have heard one side of the boat is better then others,
but I think they were both fine.
Next we went across to Tomorrow Land.
We hit Star Tours first (height 40 inches)
It's a 3-D Star Wars flight simulator.
We all loved it, but especially my hubby!
B was picked to be the "spy"
(they just take a picture of a random person when you enter the ride)
He was so mad the whole ride!
"He kept saying I'm not a spy!
I don't want to be the spy!"
This is an awesome ride.
I remember it making me sick the first time we came, but I was fine this time.
We rode the Buzz Lightyear Astro blaster next.
You guessed it-our kids love it!
You get to shoot the "Z's" for Zurg to try and help Buzz.
Don't forget to use the joystick in the middle of your car
 to turn your car in circles for better views.
Also as your exiting if you want to avoid the gift shop
take the hallway to your right just before the entrance to the shop.
We then headed back for some more Thunder Mountain Railroad
and Splash Mountain.
The lines were great so we were just walking on to rides.
In fact we just stayed in our log for a second round of
Splash Mountain.
M and I were exhausted and the boys were still ready for more.
So she & I headed down Main Street USA
and they stayed for a few more rides.
(That's the only downfall of entering through the monorail, you don't
get that lovely walk down Main Street as you enter the park)
We shopped at the candy store & then at the Disney store in
Downtown Disney.
(I'm talking mother of all Disney Stores!
I think it's as big as a city block!)
Anything you see in the park you can find in this store!
The end (for now)
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I am loving all of your Disneyland posts, how fun! Were there any rides M couldn't ride because of her size? We are hoping on our next trip both kiddos will be big enough to ride all the rides :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was too short for the Indiana Jones ride (46 inches) but it was closed for repairs, and California Screamin' (48 inches). Most everything is 40 inches, with the exception of a few that are 42 inches. Glad your enjoying! Since we live so far away I like to research as much as I can to get the most out of our trip. I thought maybe anything I can put out there might be helpful as well!

      Delete