The first two times we were there we rented strollers.
It was only about $12 the first time & maybe $18 the second.
Rentals are $25 now.
You get a jogger stroller with a nice deep seat,
a pocket on the back of the seat & a nice big basket on the bottom.
If you are carrying any sort of-well anything,
I would highly recommend taking a stroller.
We found a little umbrella stroller at Walmart on the drive down
for $25, it was perfect for us.
If your staying at a Disney hotel it's nice to have your own to walk to & from the
park with. (They will make you fold it up on the monorail)
We had a large bag with wallets, cameras, autograph books. etc...
and another bag filled with water, snacks, sandwiches, etc...
They will check your bags when you enter the park, but never said anything
about the amount of food we were bringing in.
Only asked once if we had any glass bottles.
They will check your bags when you enter the park, but never said anything
about the amount of food we were bringing in.
Only asked once if we had any glass bottles.
Even with 11, 9 & 5 year old children it was nice to have the stroller.
There is stroller parking all over the park.
We would often leave it in one spot while we jumped around
from ride to ride.
It also served as a stool for B to stand in to watch the World of Color.
Let's eat:
On our first trip my sister-in-law & I ran to a grocery store,
& we packed in lunches while we were at the parks.
We had the same intention the second visit, but never made it to the store.
This time I came prepared.
I knew we would be arriving late, and entering the park early.
I packed gallon size bags with snacks (one bag for each day).
I filled them with trail mix, goldfish crackers, chips, jerky, cookies, fruit snacks,
fruit leather, rice crispy treats, granola bars and applesauce.
I brought bread, peanut butter & jelly
I brought a case of water (we could have used 2)
We had a small fridge in our room that I filled with go-gurts,
string cheese, apples, oranges, and mini candy bars.
I kept the water cold in a cooler with ice.
Both days at the park we would grab some fruit and cheese in the morning,
and snack a little as went went along.
It is the key to happiness in our family to keep everyone hydrated, and full.
We had a meal in the park at about 2:00,
and then would just snack in the evening.
The first day we ate at the Blue Bayou in New Orleans Square.
My friend Jamie gave me this recommendation & I'm so glad I took it.
It is the restaurant inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.
We did this instead of a character meal.
(We did Goofy's Kitchen both times before & it was awesome-
good food, buffet style & lots of kid friendly choices.
You will meet lots of characters.
Just know that every time you sit down to eat another one will come around
and it's back up for more pictures & autographs, not a very relaxing meal,
but so much fun & kids love it!)
Anyway back to the Blue Bayou,
I made reservations soon after I made our hotel reservations.
We chose the lunch because that's when they have the Monte Cristo sandwich.
I had heard it was good, and it was good! Really good!
Imagine the love child of a donut type pastry and ham & swiss!
Heavenly!
I asked for water front seating when we checked in
(your cannot request it when you make your reservations)
They said it was an additional 45 minute-hour wait.
I declined & said we would be glad with anything.
A few minutes later they took us to our table, which was right on the water!
Our hostess just smiled and said enjoy your table.
I had read on a few blogs that being nice to cast members pays off,
and I tell you what-it does!
Lunch was great! The kids were a little confused/freaked by the ambiance.
It feels like your outside in a swamp at night time.
Plus boats of people are passing by as part of the Pirates ride.
Everyone loved their food. Huge portions!
M & B had the kids macaroni & cheese ($8) it come with a drink and fruit.
T went with the ribs, Trenton had a steak.. All of ours came with
scalloped potatoes, green beans & mushrooms.
It was delicious!
Our bill including tip was $150.00
We figured by packing in food & snacks one extravagant meal isn't too shabby.
The second day we ate at Taste Pilots Grill.
The burgers are great & they have a topping bar with
lettuce, tomatoes pickles & condiments.
M & B had kids meals, which left a little to desire.
B's was 4 tiny nuggets & maybe 10 fries.
He could have eaten double that.
M had a mini cheeseburger (think slider size) and fries.
The burger meal the rest of us ordered were great, and we had enough
fries to share to keep B from 'starving to death'
This meal was a little over $50.
This meal was a little over $50.
We of course had to partake in some of the yummy park treats as well.
Bottle of water $3
Popcorn $4
Dole Whip Float $5 (My favorite)
If the line is long go inside the Enchanted Tiki Hut & order there.
You don't have to be there for the show.
Turkey Leg $9 (all 5 of us shared it)
We all loved the candy store on Main Street USA
Yummy treats, home made chocolates, and the delightful swirly unicorn lollipops.
(We had to bring a friend back the chocolate/peanut butter fudge
she loves it so much)
she loves it so much)
What did you do with your bags during the day?
ReplyDeleteHey Jen, we just left the food bag in the bottom of the stroller & I would take the one with valuables on the rides. It was always ok in the seat by me or at me feet. I know I shouldn't say this, but on the wet rides (only Splash Mountain & Grizzly River Run)I left both of them in the stroller. I would zip it up and tuck it way underneath & put the other bag on top of it. It made me nervous, but was always there when we returned. Only the front passenger on Splash Mountain usually got wet, but we were all drenched on the Grizzly River Run.
Delete